Thursday, 15 August 2013

D-day.

So today feels like D-day, though I've beer quite understood what D-day was. But yeah.

The fact is I have had an incredible year. It has been seriously emotional, but as a friend told me... I have grown up a lot.

I am a girl-turning-woman who is perhaps crossing that middle line. I'm getting there.

This year God has shown His absolute faithfulness and dedication. He has literally loved me out of darkness.

Back in September and October I was on a collision course, totally spiralling out of control and heading into a rather large black hole.

In some weird way that only God could have done... Human trafficking rescued me out of that, and as doors have been flung wide open in miraculous ways this year I have been helping lead a local campaign.

And on top of that I met Big Fat Toothbrush, and now I love it like my own.

And these are the big things...

There's so much more. This year I made friendships that will last a life time. I have met people who I've fallen in love with. People who have cried with me, laughed with me, hoped with me, dreamed with me.

This year I went from a life I was living to a life I was daring to live.

A life that refused to be boxed in and contained by the walls that society places around me.

This year I stepped further into what God has for me.

And this...this is a year in the wilderness?

Just imagine what a year in the promised land will be.

And still I come before you now broken in half.

I struggle with stepping into God's faithfulness, and letting His will rule again.

I wrestle with it in this moment. And my emotions are over taking me.

But that's okay.

I'm crying but those who love me hold me in their arms.

I'm crying now and maybe I will be crying later.

But that which matters...Those whom matters will still remain.

They will always remain.

And that is why I am going to live this day.

I am going to stop burying myself under my duvet and get out there and do what has to be done.

God is good.

He is good, He is above all things, His love endures forever.

and that was a transformation by writing out my thoughts that I can't even explain. Oh God is good.