Wednesday, 15 May 2013

Gracias...a life of thanks.

My name, 'Grace', in Spanish is 'Gracia'...

'Thank you' in Spanish is 'Gracias'...

There is more to this name of mine.  Living a life of thanks.  Because all that is added is an 's' and there is another meaning.

Eucharisteo.  That word that Ann has taught to so many.

Thankful for always.  In the good, and the hard too.  Hard Eucharisteo.  Sometimes we need to step out of moaning, and complaining. and ever-deepening: just-plain-hard. And step into the light.

And just thank, and thank, and thank.

Because when it comes down to it God is good.

God is good.

Not God was good.  Not God will be good.  But God is good.

And there is much to be thankful for in that.

There is an overflowing of blessing and gifts to be thankful for each day, if only I would open my eyes to them.

It says, right there on the wall by my bed, "This day, TODAY was made by God.  It is a gift from Him who is mighty.  Let us be always thankful and forever rejoicing in each and every moment. (Psalm 118:24)

And then I turn my head, and on that wall over there, is a tatoo plastered on "Believe"...through good and bad, through thick, thin and everything in between.  It is quite simple, just "Believe".

Believe that there is much to be thankful for, for it is so.

And slowly the light enters in, and I begin to dance in its speckles.  Because when it rains the light is refracted and reflected all the more, so...still we can dance.

A life of thanksgiving and gratitude...is right there in my name.