Tuesday, 21 May 2013

God is NOT bait.

"OMG"... it's like one of the most annoying phrases I have ever met.  It is thrown around like it doesn't mean a thing "Oh my God! Oh my God!" like...really?

Clearly, they have no idea what they are talking about.

It is one of the ten commandments, right? Do not use the Lord your God's name in vain.

I get it, and I don't. I love Him too much to want to do that.  But I do, when I get angry.  I have sworn my head off at God, because I. just. lost it.

I wanted Him to change this person, and from my point of view, He just wasn't, so I lost it.

But I'm reading Dan King's book, 'The Unlikely Missionary' and it tells one story of how traffickers are using God to lure people in, and then once they're close enough these people vanish; they've been sent off to be sex trafficked.

Sometimes we seem to get so het up by people saying "Oh my God" that we miss something very crucial.  I do not think it is okay to say "Oh my God".  But I also do not think it is okay to get so het up about people saying whilst ignoring people who are using our God to lure people into the worst sort of life.

Maybe, just maybe, we need to get real for a moment.  And face the reality of what Dan King's saying.  We can't sit by and let this continue.

People shouldn't be bought and sold.  And God, my God, my Beautiful God, should not, should NEVER, ever, ever, be used as the bait to catch them.

This is blaspheming like I've never seen it before.

Yes they are twisting it all, feeding a load of lies, but one thing needs to be understood.

God is the ONLY way out of human trafficking, and the traffickers know it! To the point that they're so aware of it, they're feeding their victims lies about Him.

I refuse to let this continue, will you refuse with me? With the 7 year old boy who wants to "help"?  We need to refuse together.

Because our God loves the trafficked, and the traffickers, and He wants to redeem, transform, forgive and love on these people!

Next time someone blasphemes in your face, just pray.  Just pray for these people who are using our God as bait.