Saturday, 16 March 2013

In which I am swamped.

I don't know maybe you have felt swamped before too.

But honestly I feel like I'm drowning.

Everywhere I turn I find more awfully hopeless stories of human trafficking.

I have spent hours looking into this, researching, trying to understand the situation.  The more I look the more I find, the more I look the more people give me stuff, and show me things, and I am absolutely completely finding myself in an ever-deepening hopeless pit.

I know no brokenness like it.

This IS hell on earth.

This IS hell on earth.

Are you hearing me?  This is HELL on earth.

If God calls us to bring heaven to earth, then this is the very complete opposite of that.

Human trafficking is slavery. {look at stopthetraffik.org to find out more}

And it is happening on a scale today that is hard to quite contemplate or begin to take in.

I want to tell you more, but I can't put this into words.

But what I want to proclaim is FREEDOM, and that freedom is in God.

It's not in education, or money, or social status, or positioning, or background, or upbringing, it is in God.

ALL hope is in God, and there is no way things are going to change unless we wait on Him, and keep ourselves rooted IN Him, following the paths He lays before us, remaining in Him, abiding IN Him, and walking the paths WITH Him.

There is NO hope without God, this is an ever-deepening black hole without God, but He abolishes the darkness with His light.  He loves beyond all, and there is hope on every level.

Let us be the ones brave enough to stand up, to 'Speak up for those who can't speak up for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed.' (Proverbs 31:8)  We can't do this on our own, but in God's strength there is an end in sight, so let us keep our eyes fixed on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1) and proclaim freedom for ALL captives.  (Isaiah 61:1)