Thursday, 6 December 2012

Let us...

Sometimes I have a bit of free time and I start reading over my past blogs.

I cannot believe I have been blogging for almost 8 months now, in some ways that time has gone really quickly.  It does feel like yesterday when I decided to take the plunge and write that first blogpost.  But on the other hand so much has happened since I started writing, I have certainly changed and developed as a person, with my situation and relationships evolving, moving on, and growing stronger, of course going to the Dominican Republic is one of the biggest things that has happened in the past 8 months.

It is amazing how much life changes, this journey I'm on, it's certainly not boring!

there are some things that I have moved on from, and there is a bit of me that just wants to go back, I do miss them, change IS hard, and re-reading blogposts I can certainly see that as a recurring theme through them all!

But another thing I have noticed in re-reading them is my dreams, and wants, and hopes coming together....as I put into concrete words who I want to be, and what I want to do, I realise that these are things I never want to forget.

Blogging is definitely something I do for me, and okay, so maybe that is selfish, but it is the truth.

I have learnt that the truth, love and hope are the most important things.  I say that I've learnt it, but really its a continued journey, in which I discover more and more and more each day.

"Jesus didn’t die so we could have religion. He died so we could have a deep, intimate, personal relationship with God." - Joyce Meyer

I don't always know what to write, or what to say, and I often feel extremely confused, at times like that I find it easier to stay silent, another thing that I am learning is to not stay silent, because it is when I voice my confusion that the fog clears and things start to become a bit clearer.

If your friend went and chose to die so that you might live, you would want to use the life they had given you to the best you could, you would want to live it to the full, right?

What about someone you don't know? If a complete stranger chose to die for you, you would want to give them something in return surely? And what a better gift than to make your life a life worth dying for.

So when I see that God chose to limit himself, and become one of us, and then He chose to die for me, in fact, even if I was the only person on the planet, He would still say that I was worth dying for.  He died for us, and we need to treasure that, and marvel at that, and be in awe of that, and want to live our lives to the absolute full!

But after He died, He conquered death, coming back to life, and giving us hope beyond measure!

So let's live our lives to the full for Him, let us spread that hope.

Let us love the hell out of people, literally.

Let us be kingdom-builders.

Let us seek the remarkable relationship God offers us to have with Him.