Sunday, 7 October 2012

You're changing me.

"You're changing me"

As we sang this morning I looked at those words projected so huge on the wall and it really hit me.  He is changing me.

Yesterday someone who I have grown up with since we were both tiny said to me, 'You have changed so much in the last 6 months.'

Of course I went on and asked, 'How?'

He replied, 'I don't know, you hug people more...'

I replied, 'Well one day I suddenly realised how much I don't appreciate people, how little love I showed them...so I decided to try and show people that I do appreciate them, and I do love them.'

It is true, I did suddenly wake up and realise that I didn't show my friends that I appreciate them, so I decided to try and do something about that.

But what I realised this morning as we sang is that actually it isn't about me changing, because actually in my own strength change isn't going to happen, and if it does it won't be real change, it will be flimsy and easily broken.

But when I make the choice to fall at His feet, and give Him everything, He picks me up and carries me, and He starts to change me, moulding and restoring and bringing about immovable change, change that goes right to the core.  Change that even those who don't know me will see and say 'Wow'.

But that is hard, it is hard to just let go, and let Him do His work.

All is grace and Love always perseveres.

Help me to give it all to Him, to allow for immovable change, and let Him change me, because His change is the sort of change that I want, that is needed.