Wednesday, 10 October 2012

A time for everything.

Oh Wow.

Today I met with this group of girls, we are all of varying ages, and for each of us different stuff is going on, we all go about our crazy lives but each week we meet together and just talk.

We talk about life, and things that are going on, and so many things, but ultimately we talk about God, and we read His Word.

'There is a time for everything,
and everything on earth has its special season.
There is a time to be born
and a time to die.
There is a time to plant
and a time to pull up plants.
There is a time to kill
and a time to heal.
There is a time to destroy
and a time to build.
There is a time to cry
and a time to laugh.
There is a time to be sad
and a time to dance.
There is a time to throw away stones
and a time to gather them.
There is a time to hug
and a time not to hug.
There is a time to look for something
and a time to stop looking for it.
There is a time to keep things
and a time to throw things away.
There is a time to tear apart
and a time to sew together.
There is a time to be silent
and a time to speak.
There is a time to love
and a time to hate.
There is a time for war
and a time for peace."
- Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

That moment when you find a Bible verse that you didn't know and you are just blown away is always so very stunning and so very beautiful.

We talked of all the rubbish going on in each of our lives, and believe me, we all have it, every single one of us has stuff chucked in front of us, and to be quite honest, I think we could quite easily all be drowning in all the mess, but we are kept afloat by each other, we are all so different, but we are all held together by our love for God, he keeps us together, and we help each other along.
We fall and we cry, and we join each other in our tears, but we also help each other back into laughter too.  And we laugh together a lot!

But what I realised today as we read this together is that God sets apart times for everything.

There is a time.

There is, we've just got to learn when that time is.

And He does know about all the rubbish being thrown in our way, and He cares, and he loves, and he gives us friends.  Real friends, friends that aren't just real because they're there in the flesh, or real because they exist, or real because they're up for some fun, but real because you can sit down and be you with them.  You can say exactly what you are thinking and even when they don't understand, or agree, they listen and they give you love.  They wrap it up in a parcel and present it to you, but when you open it, it explodes and there is completely no stopping it.  THESE are the sorts of friends we need to keep returning to, every single week I return to them, but each day I do too, and each day they keep picking me up off the floor or joining me on the ceiling as I rejoice.

Emotions are always throwing me everywhere, it's like I'm in a box and some little toddler is shaking the box like crazy, and seriously, it hurts like crazy sometimes, but when I'm flying, that is awesome! And it is definitely the people that ride that ride with me, whom I trust the most, whom keep me going.

But all these times for different things?  It’s not always easy to know when the time is, but perhaps, we don't need to, perhaps it’s something we don't just learn, because yes we are learning it, but also maybe it is okay to make mistakes.

I say the wrong thing all the time, and sometimes I don't say what should be said, and sometimes I laugh and shout when it is time to be quiet, and sometimes I am rude when really all is needed is a hug, and sometimes I destroy things that really could just do with a helping hand to build them up.  This time for everything thing, yes I understand it, but do I carry it out? Not very well.

But I think the point is that it is not me who sets apart times for everything but it is God.

So as I have said so, so many times, I need to trust in His timing, not in my own learning or understanding, but in His complete knowledge, and THAT is where I need to learn to find hope too.

Oh and another thing...when I say trust in His timing, I don't just mean for the future, I mean for now, and for the past too.  It was by His timing that I arrived here, and THIS is my time.  My time to be who He wants me to be, to the best I can be.  So there is a time to be me too, and that time is now.

And if I am going to be simply me, then you can be simply you.  Although there isn't really any simply about it.

This, right now, right here, is YOUR time, so are you using your time for what is best?

Mordecai says to his niece, Queen Esther, 'And who knows, you may have been chosen queen for just such a time as this.' (Esther 4:14)

And I say this to you, you were chosen by God, the King of Kings, to be you, right now, right here, for such a time as this.  So please be you.