Wednesday, 8 August 2012

A Blessing

My brother, and his wife, gave me a beautiful notebook for my birthday for me to write in on my travels to the Dominican Republic.

In it my brother added in quotes and poems and little pockets and stickers, I'd like to share this one with you,

'A Blessing

It is like awakening into morning
Where everything is touched with change
Now your body has a mind of its own
As it curves and fills into womanhood.

The lightness of being a girl is leaving
And your thoughts too are taking you
To places you have never known before.

Becoming a woman, you feel the moon
Tug at your bloods and you begin to sense
The mysteries of your new body.

May you enter beautifully into the feminine
Learning to trust the world of feeling you inherit
Finding ease and elegance in all you are.

May your respect for your beauty
Become visible in your dignity
And how you hold yourself in the world.

May the expectations in other eyes
Never decide who you are to be,
Learn to trust the advice of your heart.

May you feel life as an irresistible invitation
To discover and develop your talents
Each day bringing something new to birth.

May you be wise in choosing love;
When you trust, give all your heart
And allow love to persuade you like breath.

May you have friends who can see you.
May your senses be windows of wonder
And your mind a prism of spirit.

~John O'Donohue (Irish poet)'

This leaves me wanting to cry, but with an excitement and hope for what is to come too. I am growing, who am I going to be? As I enter into new stages of life, venturing into bigger, harder, scarier things this blessing brings me back to what I must remember. It guides me in where I should go.

Wow. It is beautiful.

Don't forget who you are. Remain true to yourself. Never lose yourself in the winding, twisting paths of everyday life.

You are beautiful. Own that. Live that. Be that. With dignity.

There is so much in that blessing...read it again, and again, and again, dig out all you can from it. Let God use it to speak to you.

He wants to, just open your ears, open your eyes, open your heart.