Tuesday, 31 July 2012

What is saving my life right now?

Last week was tough.  It was amazing, so, so many really great things happened, but it was also tough.  It felt like a lot of people around me were struggling.

I think more to the point would be, who is saving my life right now?  I guess I could say God is saving my life, but when is He not? He is, yes.  But this week, particularly, I have felt my friends gathering around me.  They were finding things tough too, and as we all gathered together in our struggles, we were all wobbling.

As we all wobbled, we all managed to support each other, and we kept going.  Ultimately I know it was God holding us all up, but the support from each of them kept me going.

Rubbish stuff happens, we make mistakes, we have arguments, our feelings get in the way, but that's life, isn't it?

What is saving my life right now?

God. People. Hope. Love. Grace. Joy. Shalom. Ruach. Eucharisteo. And... It's AMAZING!!

I am still apprehensive as to what is to come when I go on the mission to the Dominican Republic, I can't quite believe that it is almost here.  What is saving my life right now? All these people praying, and praying, and praying.

I know they are, and it is making me stronger.

If God is for us, then who can stand against?... I can do all things, through Christ who strengthens me!  And it is coming, for I can hear it...'Look! Look! God has moved into the neighborhood, making his home with men and women! They're his people, he's their God. He'll wipe every tear from their eyes. Death is gone for good—tears gone, crying gone, pain gone...'  This is where I am headed.

Above is my part in Sarah Bessey's synchroblog on 'What is saving your life right now?'  Sarah is my favourite blogger, she writes so, so beautifully, and I can't wait for her upcoming book to be released.