Monday, 9 July 2012

Tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock...

Time.  It is hard to explain.

It is always moving, and never stops.

It goes slowly when you want it to go faster, and it rushes past in a flash when you would like it to stand still forever.

But if you just sit, and listen, the clock never changes pace.  It is a constant, never-ending, tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock tick tock...

God is out of time.  That's hard to understand and grasp.  But it is also beautiful.

God can see me right now, sitting here typing, He can see me a few months ago when sitting here typing would have seemed like the last thing I would be doing, He can see me when I am in the Dominican Republic, He can see me in 5 years time,  He can see me the day I was born.  He can see me in all these things right now, and He can see every other moment of my life all at once. In every moment.

I don't really understand, but I do understand that this is incredible, its life-changing, its bewildering.  It is also releasing, and loving, and freedom-giving, and plan making.  God knows what I am going to do, because He knows everything about me, He knows the deepest depths of me, that I find hard to understand myself.  He knows the things I've done, He knows what I am doing and He knows what I will do, but the greatest thing of all is that He still loves me in spite of it all.  He loves me so unconditionally that no matter what He sees in my life, He doesn't stop the unending flow of love.


The thing that scares me the most is the unknown, so why am I still scared?  God may not tell me everything, but He knows, and He keeps on loving, He tells me not to worry.  He tells me to trust in Him and His timing.

He knows and He still keeps on loving.