Wednesday, 11 July 2012

Romans 8:31


At the moment my life is feeling like a crossroads. Or maybe even a roundabout with lots of mini roundabouts all around? I am continuing my journey but suddenly I have all these choices to make, these opportunities being thrown at me.

There are so many directions I could go. So many places I could end up. And, to be honest, I have been feeling a bit lost.

Then, I read this post, by Ann Voskamp, I feel like she's talking to me.

31 days. A month. I will be that young person stepping into a world I have never seen, stepping into something that I know will scare me, shake me, fill me with anger.

I will be praying. I will be not understanding. I will still be looking for direction.

All I hope is that I will remember, 'If God is for us, then who can be against us? (Romans 8:31)' And that I will realise that this is real, it is set in stone below me, it is my foundations holding me strong, readying me for what is before me, and for what is to come.


"Who needs a message in the sky?

When it all comes down to what is written right there at your feet.

Right there in a one-room shanty porch in Haiti, etched into your begging prayers and you can have nothing materially and you can have everything eternally because what can stand against you if God stands for you?

It’s written into your every step in this world.

Don’t be afraid.

When you turn on the step, turn on the edge, and the mother smiles her thanks and you smile hope

you step off the step and into that certain grace dripping down on us all." ~ Ann Voskamp