Wednesday, 25 July 2012

Through Him, I can do all things...

This is written over two or three days, I was and still am finding it hard to get my head around it all...

I don't remember how long ago it was, but someone just said in passing comment that one of my friends had a problem with her back.

And, as I do very often, I just went along with it as if I knew all about it.  The thing is, I didn't quite get it.  I probably kind of thought that these sorts of things don't really, actually happen.

The thing is they do, everyday, everywhere, things happen that are hard, really, really hard.  And they are not always good.

They happen to real people, like me and you.  And that is scary.

Tomorrow, one of my really loveliest friends is having an operation.  I don't know much about it to be honest.  But what I do know, is that I am scared, and if I am scared, how must she be feeling right now?

This is hard...


Today is the day, she says its around 2pm.  This is scary.  I don't know what to expect, and I'm not even very available to go visit her in the following weeks.

All I can do is keep praying.  I say all I can do, but I know that this is probably the best thing I can do.

So here I am God, saying please help me and guide me into knowing what to say and do, thank you for the amazing doctors and nurses who are able to do this operation, and please guide them in every step.  Also be with my friend, let her know she is loved.  Very, very, very loved!

So as I go about another normal day in the life of Grace.  This is going to be going around and around my head.  I know, I haven't really written with a point to make, or a lesson to learn, or anything, but what I want to say, is we are all faced with stuff that is hard, but what we have to learn is to be optimistic and to accept the love we are given from our family and from our friends and we will get through all things.

I am helping at a Holiday Cub this week as part of our town-wide event the two memory verses so far have been...

How great is the Father's love for us that He calls us His children.  1 John 3:1

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Philippians 4:13

With His love and His strength we are ready to face all things!  So here I am up and jumping and running...

Today is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!! Psalm 118:24