Monday, 23 July 2012

Even when you are in the depths of despair and done loads of rubbishHe still loves and loves and loves and loves you.


Emotions are one of the hardest things to face in all of the world.

Well, in my opinion.  I often write about how I am feeling, or how other people are feeling; emotions play a huge role in life.

But the thing is, they really can tear us apart.

Love, is probably the one that everyone struggles with the most.  I think it is also the strongest emotion, as it says in 1 Corinthians 13:13, ‘And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.’ The thing is it isn’t just an emotion, I am not totally sure of exactly what it is, for it is actions, and words, and feelings, and meanings, and so many different things all tied together into just one word.

It has this power to tear us apart.  To bring us to our lowest, to say you are worthless, you are disgusting, you are horrible. 

I am exploring a topic I know nothing about, perhaps? Well, it often feels like it.  Since I can remember and before, my parents have been saying, ‘I love you’, my brothers and sisters have all been saying, ‘I love you’.  I am loved. And I return the love, but the thing is do I really know what it means?

Love is so deep rooted, it is not just something that appears and disappears again in a flash, it is in our bones, it is woven into our inmost being, it is what knit us together, for God is love.

It is so hard because the love in the world, is what gives us rejection, and there is nothing worse than rejection.  For even if you have nothing to your name, not even a penny, or a shirt, if you have a friend and feel included and can find love, you can keep on living.  God made us, He made us to want to be loved, to not be rejected.

Is it His fault that we feel in the depths of despair when we are rejected? No, He loves us, and cares about us, and wants the very, very, very best for us, but Satan is out there trying to harm us, trying to ruin God’s name.  I don’t understand it all, but what I do understand is that there is pain and there is hurt and there is suffering in the world, but rather than ignoring it, or not knowing what to do, God chooses to use the pain, the suffering, the hurt for good works.  He uses it to build and strengthen us, and to do amazing things.

What I am really trying to say is, love is amazing, it is unbelievable, but it is very powerful too, and it can tear us apart, and bring us crashing to the ground, however, God is there and He is saying get up, I am love, and there is nothing that you can do to separate yourself from that love.

People will hurt you.  Because just as you make mistakes, so do they.  But God will never hurt you, He loves you and cares for you and has everything planned for the best.  So keep going, keep heading in His direction, keep turning towards Him, and especially when you are crashed on the floor accept His love, for it is yours, and say it, say, ‘I am loved.’ For it is true.  It is very, very true.