Tuesday, 17 July 2012

The day I wrestled with a monstrous beast....

Today was stressful.

It felt like everything that could have gone wrong, did.

I knew it was going to be tough, and before the day had started I text some of my closest friends and asked them to pray, to just pray.

I spent the day helping out a friend printing onto DVDs.  I don't know if you have ever done this, but truly this machine that arrived looked like an alien.  It was so humongous, and it just felt like it was trying to scare us, believe me, it did.  We took all the bits out of the two boxes it came in (Yes, it was like pass the parcel!) and spread them out on a desk that we had just cleared of paper chains and leaflets (preparations for the upcoming holiday club).  We stood there and sort of gaped, we looked around, where had the instruction manual gone?  It didn't take us long to realise that there wasn't one.

What were we meant to do?  Two of us, trying to juggle two kids and this monstrous beast that had just landed onto the desk.  Well Fireman Sam and YouTube were certainly useful for entertaining the two young children, and I was ready to join the kids in that venture instead of facing this machine.

Well we muddled about, phoning people for help, and searching Google, which was where we eventually found an instruction manual.  We attached all the different pieces to the machine, well, I say all, but in fact there were these three bits still left sitting there at the end of the day, I still have no idea what they are for!  Anyway, we had gotten it all set up, and installed one set of  software, so we plugged the printer into the laptop, you would think, having the newest version of Windows would mean there would be no issues of compatibility between the printer and the laptop.  Unfortunately, if you thought that, you would be thinking wrong.  So, finding that the printer would not connect we called around, searching for someone who had yet to update their computer, thankfully someone did come to the rescue.  And after a quick scooter ride, drive, and probably some running we had a laptop.

So, maybe that all sounded like a load of mumbo-jumbo, or you just don't care about this printer.  But, for me, today, after being stuck in an office with the monstrosity, 2 kids, Fireman Sam, paper chains, 250 water bottles, and I don't know what else, I do feel rather worn out.

What is there to be worn out about really?  Probably, not very much, and I could make excuse after excuse, but I am just worn out to be honest.

In the end, it did all come together.  In fact it was a day well spent, maybe it didn't feel like God was on-side when things just kept going wrong, but in the end it worked out, and I am so grateful for my friend's prayers!

Do I wrestle with printers every day? Well I do wrestle with them surprisingly often because they always seem to have a mind of their own, but certainly not every day.

However, every day monstrous beasts of all different sorts come along, and make life just that little bit more stressful.  I am learning to turn to God in prayer when they come along, for His armour of protection, is like no other!

Tomorrow I head into another day with that printer, I feel like I've tamed it quite well now, but we will soon see!

Thanks for reading my post today, I do so love to have you here!  If you have a few minutes I'd love for you to have a quick peek at some of the blogs and websites I have linked to over there on the right of my blogposts, I am relatively new to the blogging world, but I do so love it, and would love to share it with you!  There are all these beautiful, wonderfully crazy, incredibly creative writers, and thinkers, and artists out there just waiting to share with you a bit of their lives, and believe me, they will bless you immensely, for their stories are amazing, they are so intertwined with God you can't help but love them.  My favourites are Sarah Bessey and Ann Voskamp, but as you can see I love so many!