Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Run the race, as a child runs the race...

Children have the most fantastic minds.


They dream dreams like no-one else.


They take everything as it is.   They don't add or take away, it is what it is.


When a child smiles, a child is happy.  When a child cries, a child is sad.


God's love is powerful and mighty.  God's love is Father's love.  He loves us as a father loves his children.


Let's run to Him as His children, let's tell Him all our secrets, our worries, our dreams, our ambitions.  Let's tell Him as it is.  Let's not add frills and fluffs to change things into what they're not.


Let's approach the throne as we are.


'This is me.  This is all my rubbish, I know, there's a lot, do you have a bin I can put it in?  This is me. This is who I am.  These are the things I can do, these are the things I am good at, these are my gifts, what do you want me to do with them?  Show me more.  This is who I know me to be, but you know me better than I do, so show me more.'


Let's not look at all the hurdles before the finishing line, but let's look to the finishing line, and take the hurdles as they come.  Keep looking up, keep focused on where we are headed.


Let's smile at our God, smile at His presence, His beauty, His everything.  Let's smile and give thanks.   In everything, give thanks.


Let's cry when we are sad, let's cry out to God, He's not scared of our pain, He wants to comfort us, as a father comforts His children.


And let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus, the pioneer and perfecter of faith. (Hebrews 12:1-2)