Sunday, 10 June 2012

Hosanna


Sometimes worship songs just make my stomach turn. I don't know a song that makes my stomach turn more than this one, the words get me jumping with joy, crying with overwhelming awe and itching to move for God.

“I see the king of glory
Coming on the clouds with fire
The whole earth shakes
The whole earth shakes

I see his love and mercy
Washing over all our sin
The people sing
The people sing

Hosanna
Hosanna
Hosanna in the highest

I see a generation
Rising up to take their place
With selfless faith
With selfless faith

I see a near revival
Stirring as we pray and seek
We're on our knees
We're on our knees

Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like you have loved me

Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause
As I go from nothing to
Eternity

Hosanna in the highest” - Hosanna

God's almighty power is not to be underestimated, as “the whole earth shakes” are you ready for what God brings? Are you ready to accept His love and forgiveness? Are you ready to turn away from the wrong things that are easily loved, and let Him wash away all your sin? Are you joining as “the people sing”?

Am I in that generation? Do I have that “selfless faith”? Am I rising up, ready to take my place? As we fall to our knees in awe and wonder at the majesty and awesome power of our God who is joining that revival? Who is it bringing hope to this broken world?

My heart was so dirty and broken, it was so lost and empty. As I let God in, He washes it, cleaning every last corner, looking after it, like a treasured possession, its not perfect, I still make mistakes but He is healing it, bringing it home, and teaching me how to love, to love like He does.

Here I am, I was dead, and now I have an eternal future, I give everything to God. I say, this is me, this is who I am, this is all I have to offer, break my heart, break it in the same places yours is broken. Show me what hurts you, show me what makes you angry, and give me the righteous anger, and the tools, and the gifts, to go out for Your glory, to start to mend the broken corners of this world.

“ Break my heart from what breaks yours
Everything I am for your kingdoms cause”