Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Future plans...


­­I have been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my future.

These sorts of decisions have to be the scariest! How am I meant to know what I want to do, where I want to go, who I want to be?  I have come to the conclusion that I am not supposed to know.  I need to trust in God, trust in His timing, and just keep focused on Him, running for Him.

I do not need a master plan, I don’t need a blueprint, I don’t need every day mapped out, for the King of Kings, has it planned out already.  Does this mean I don’t have free will? Absolutely not!  He isn’t forcing me into anything, but just as a father knows what is best for his child because he knows what they’re good at and what they’ll fail in, so does God know the best plan for my life. 

I would love to be a photographer, create photos that last forever, beautiful pieces of art, to inspire, and encourage.

I would love to be a florist, shape God’s beautiful flowers into pieces for celebrations and gifts, create beautiful bouquets for people to feel loved through.

I would love to be an architect, design buildings, like God designed me and the world I am in.  Design buildings, design homes, workplaces, build up people’s lives.

I would love to be an interior architect, similar to an interior designer, I’d love to create art pieces through rooms, I’d love to design rooms that will show love, and give comfort, and be beautiful.

I’d love to be a youth worker, raising up the next generation, showing them that they’re not the ‘next’ generation, they are the generation of the now, they can change lives now, they can become history makers now, they don’t need to wait to be ‘old enough’ or ‘experienced enough’.

I’d love to be an overseas missionary, showing God’s love to His people all over the world.  Building lives, showing love, giving hope.  I would love to travel all over the world, for God.

There are so many things I would love to do with my life.  It’s all a bit of a confusion.  However, I am sure that whatever I do, I want to do it for God.  I want to follow His path, and whether that’s in a direction that I would like at the moment, or takes me out of my comfort zone, I know that God loves me, and wants the best for me.  His plans for my future are filled with hope.  His plans for your future are filled with hope.  (Jeremiah 29:11)