Sunday, 20 May 2012

What is it that I want from my life?

"I want to spend every moment of my life, on my knees, before the King of Kings."



“I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours”

 – The Stand by Hillsong


I was once asked, 'What do you want from your life?'  In answer, I made a model of a man kneeling.  I want to surrender everything to God, I want to give everything to Him.  I want to become a faithful servant of God.  I want to kneel before Him, and give to Him my all, with no regrets.  I want to spend every moment of my life, on my knees, before the King of Kings.

This morning, a man asked a group of young people, 'Is it possible to be 100% faithful?'  Everyone of those people, including me, said 'No'.  This is a group of people who are just beginning their lives. This is a group of people who love God. This is a group of people, who, before they have even become full adults, have lost hope in being faithful. Is it their fault? Somehow, I don't think so, we live in a society that says 'You will fail'.  We live in a society that makes divorce as simple as a piece of paper.  We live in a society that fails young people, in the beliefs it instills into them.


That man who asked us this morning went on to challenge us, he said 'I challenge you to be 100% faithful in everything you do, through God who is in you, you can be faithful, you can have a relationship filled with faithfulness, you can put God first.'  We are made in God's image, God is 100% faithful, with Him working in us and through us we can become whole in Him, and we can be 100% faithful.  For we are not like the world, through God's love, we are separated from the world and chosen to live differently.


"My heart's one desire
Is to be holy...
Set apart for You, my Master
Ready to do Your will"
- Refiner's Fire


These words challenged me tonight, is my heart's one desire to be set apart for Him? And to be holy? And ready to do His will?  It is, definitely, I want and strive to be holy, to be ready at every moment, but do I feel there now? No, it is still a desire.  But one day, I will be holy, and ready to do His will.  For now I need to keep trusting God, resting in Him, and obeying when He says 'Go', even when I don't feel ready.


I want to live my life in surrender to Him.  I want to give everything, with no exceptions, or doubts.  I want to live out God's plans for me.  I want to be 100% faithful.  I want to be holy.  I want to be set apart for Him.  I want to be ready to do His will.  I need to take my wants to God, and say 'Here you go God, fill me with your Spirit, and show me your path.'