Monday, 28 May 2012

Living life in its fullness and wholeness. Rejoicing in all things.


I sit in the rising sun.  Smelling the bacon frying and hearing it sizzle on top of the sound of the early morning birds.  My hair is all in a mess and a tangle.  And my pyjamas could be a point of embarrassment. My eyes struggle against the brightness, but the cool breeze wakes me up slowly.  The flap of the tents in the wind makes such a beautiful sound, and the zips go up and down.  Life could not feel better.  The children play, they’ve been up since dawn, laughing and shouting, throwing themselves around, splashing water everywhere.  Joy is in the air and life could not be better.  The dogs are barking, barking for their food, and barking at each other, barking at the birds.  They’re barking about being in the open air, life could not feel better.

Sometimes, life feels so amazing, I love camping.  It is something I cannot get enough of.  It is a chance to get away from everything, leave everything behind and just be free.  Spending hours outside, living with the grass for carpet and the sky for ceiling, forgetting about the troubles and problems in the world for a while.

But I think life could feel better.  I do not know what it is to not have problems.  If these problems are not in my own home then they’re the billions of people who live on next to nothing each day.  This world is not perfect; there are many problems that are destroying the beautiful world we live in.  But this is not going to be solved, by hiding away from the problems, or forgetting about them, enjoying life is great, but where is there more joy than in feeding someone who is hungry? Finding someone who is lost? Freeing someone who is trapped? Giving people with no future, a hope and aspirations?  Life is amazing , and I love to enjoy the times I have to relax and feel free to chill out in the sun, but it is important to never forget the lost, the lonely and the oppressed.  And to strive to make a difference. 

We need to have faith, with actions:
If you say to that person, “God be with you! I hope you stay warm and get plenty to eat,” but you do not give what that person needs, your words are worth nothing.  James 2:16

And we need to live life to the top:
I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.  John 10:10

Living life in its fullness and wholeness.  Rejoicing in all things.