Monday, 21 May 2012

Let's run!

Here I am God, me before you, saying what I want…
I want to say ‘I’m in’,
I want to join the race,
I want to stop being a spectator,
I want to run,
I want to participate,
I want to go all-out,
I never want to stop,
I want to go in one direction,
I want to follow the shepherd,
I want to jump up and down to celebrate,
I want to rejoice in everything,
I want to keep moving forward,
I want to keep stepping towards His kingdom,
I want to be submerged in His love,
I want to be different,
I want to accept His love and forgiveness,
I want to go,
I want to follow His path,
I want to live for only Him,
I want to give everything unconditionally,
I want to change,
I want to love and not stop,
I want to make a difference,
I want to give hope,
I want to inspire,
I want to build others up,
I want to change lives,
I want to kneel in His presence,
I want to hand all the glory to Him,
I never want to hate,
I want to witness His awesome power,
I want to comfort,
I want to be comforted,
I want to empower,
I want to equip,
I want to praise Him,
I want to lift my hands high,
I want to be faithful,
I want to be ready,
I never want to worry,
I want to obey without doubt,
I want to be who God wants me to be.

As I began to list my wants, and my dreams, of who I want to be. As I thought about allt hese things, I started to feel disheartened as many seem to be impossible tasks.  However, they are not impossible for, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13) Let's run! Let's run with what we have, and let God give us all that we need to strengthen and equip us for His works.

"Let's kick off the stuff that's tripping us up, let's untie the mess that weighs us down and let's run! Let's channel our stamina reserves and run the race we've been entered for.  Let's focus our minds on Jesus, who made us, who coached us; he's there at the finishing line."  Hebrews 12:1-2 The Word on the Street.